Message from Prof. Dr. Sabo Ojano, MD, PhD
President, International University
Chairman, International Medical Conference IV
International Medical Conference-IMC is one of the mail activities initiated by the late founder and first president of International University H.E Prof. Maj. Gen. Uon Sabo. It was first launched in 2003 and has been carried on as a culture of exchange of information, knowledge and new findings among scholars and researchers of the subject from within Cambodia and overseas. It is also a platform for students to learn and improve their research and scholastic methodology.
IMCIV held on 26-27 April 2014 gathered a team of health experts and professionals from various countries such as Cambodia, China, India, Japan, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, and Thailand.
Our chief guests were H.E Dr Yit Sunnara, Under Secretary of State, Ministry of Health and H.E Samedi Siwatthana, Under Secretary of State, Ministry od Education, Youth and Sports who honored the event at the opening and closing ceremonies respectively.
The speakers presented on various topics under the main theme “Innovative Management of Healthcare”.
Participants were informed of novel technology and creativity in health care and services from both developed and developing countries.
This proceedings is the compilation of the presentations at the IMCIV and will serve as good source of reference for many students, scholars and researchers.
May I, therefore, express my sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed to the IMCIV from the beginning to this end.
- Organizing Committee …………………………………………………………01
- Keynote Address ‘Innovative Ways to Improve Health Education towards Healthier Society: From a Cambodian Perspective’ by H.E Hor Bunleng, Deputy Director, National Aids Authority-04
- Presentation on ‘Medical Ethics and Law in Cambodia’ by Dr Chheng Kannarath, Deputy Secretary General, Medical Council of Cambodia
- Presentation on ‘Innovative Technology in Medical Imaging’ by Dr Soth Vuthy, Head, Imaging and Rediology Dept, Sen Sok International University Hospital, Cambodia
- Presentation on ‘Diagnosis of Nasopharyngeal Pathology’, by Dr Ivan Matela, Executive Director, Sen Sok International University Hospital, Cambodia
- Presentation on ‘Old unreduced Dislocation of the Elbow’ by Dr Duong Bun, Head of Orthopedics, Preah Kossomac Hospital
- Presentation on ‘Nexavar Product’ by Eleanor Grace C. Imbag, RPh, Product Specialist, Oncology, Bayer Cambodia
- Presentation on ‘Statistics and Management of Hepatocellular Carcinoma’, By Dr Tatiania Turobova, Deputy Director, Sen Sok International University Hospital, Cambodia
- Presentation on ‘Principles of Living Donor Living Transplant and Experience of Sing-Kobe Team’, by Dr Jayaraj Prema Raj, Director of Sing-Kobe Liver Transplant Center, Singapore
- Presentation on ‘Launch of International Joint Liver Tranplant Program in Singapore: Its Mission in South Eat Asia’, by Dr Tesuya Kiuchi, Consultant, Sing-Kobe Liver Transplant Center, Japan
- Presentation on ‘Malnourished Heart: Advances in Preventive Cardiology’ Dr Fil Balandi Tabayoyong, Jr., Happy Heart and Wellness Clinic, the Philippines
- Presentation on ‘Neurosurgery: Interventional Therapy in Acute Aschemic Stroke’, by Dr Anuchit Raumthanthong and Dr Sombat Muengtaweepongsa, Phyathai 2 International Hospital, Thailand
- Presentation on ‘GI: Update in Portal Hypertension and Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt’ by Dr Sith Siramolpiwat, Phyathai 2 International Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
- Presentation on, ‘A Comparative Study on Detection of Chlamedia Rachomatis Infection in Females’, by Asst Professor Dr A. Anderson, Dept of Microbiology, International University
- Presentation on ‘Management of Hepatic Encephalopathy’, by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Chan Sovandy, Deputy Director, Sen Sok International University Hospital, Cambodia
- Presentation on ‘Management of End-state of Renal Failure’, by Prof. Dr Turo Hyodo, MD, PhD, Director of Eijin Clinic Hospital, Kuratakai Group, Dept of Urology Kitasato University, Japan
- Pictographs of the IMCIV