1. Course Objective
To prepare the Pharmacy student with appropriate knowledge, skills, and attitude for successfully practice in pharmaceutical fields, in line with the identified strategies of the Ministry of Health of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
2. Learning Outcomes
Graduates from this program will be able:
- To appropriately apply the pharmaceutical knowledge and skills in the officinal practice
- To identify the circuit of the pharmaceutical products
- To prepare the various forms carried out with the dispensary: masterly and officinal preparations.
- To provide health education and drug use to patients, families and communities
- To show a positive attitude and respect for people regardless of economic status, customs and beliefs
- To work competently as a team with other health professionals within the appropriate structures, policy and codes of conduct of the Ministry of Health
- To conduct related pharmaceutical research in order to improve the quality of the dmg or dmg use
- To apply BPF, ISO, for dmg qualification and validation.
- To identify the biological read-out circuits and concept on the quality assurance: phase look ahead, analytical phase, post-analytical phase.
3. Length of Study
The Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy requires at least 5 years. The students have to start from Foundation Year as first year and have to pass the National Entrance Exam before continuing another four years for their level of Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy. The students have to pass the National Exit Exam to get their Bachelor Degree.
The stream course is organized as the as the following:
- Foundation year – Certificate of Foundation Year – 1 year of study Student is required to successfully pass the National Entrance Exam before allowing starting the 2nd year
- Certificate of Biological Sciences – 2 year more of study
- Bachelor in Pharmacy – 2 years more of study They will receive University Certification of successfully completing the Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy after successfully pass the University Graduation Exam. University Graduates are required to pass the National Exit Exam to receive their Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy
4. Course Requirements
- The students can leave with school permission for 15% of semester hours or 10% on leave without school permission, but they are not allowed to leave the whole single credit hours (theory and practice hours)
- The students can leave only 15% of semester hours with or without school permission
- They have to attend at least 85% or 90% and fulfill at least 70 % of semester skill requirements before allowing sitting the exam of related semester. The remain 30% of skill requirements will be completed upon arrangement of the University
- If attendance is within 50-84% of semester hours or 50-89%, or fulfilling of skill requirement is within 50-69%, they are allowed only to sit the 2nd session exam at the end of the scholar. year
- If attendance is less than 50% of semester hours or fulfilling of skill requirement is less than 50%, they have to repeat class
5. Admission Requirements
In principle, applicant shall fulfill the following criteria:
- Males / females aged 18 – 23 years (Based on requirement of Government Employment Status and apply for Public training institution that provide scholarship to students and if graduates from private training institution are willing to apply for MoH Employment)
- Have High School Diploma
- Have Certificate of the Foundation Year Program
- Be passed successfully the National Entrance Exam
- Be in a good health.
Note: Number of intakes to the Bachelor in Pharmacy Program is limited based on MoH health workforce projection and capacity of production of each training institution.
6. Validity and transfer of Credits
- Student could fulfill their Bachelor of Pharmacy credits not more than 7 years period of full time student and 10 years for part time student (Based on the decision on the implementing credits and credit transfer).
- Student must fulfill credits of biological sciences before transferring to another University based on agreement set by both sides.