Both students and faculty in our department are engaged in a number of research and scholarly activities which contribute to the knowledge base in the field, aid in career preparation and also serve as resources for the community.
The Faculty of Business and Economics is committed to delivering high-quality, accessible and affordable undergraduate and graduate programs to a diverse student population. The IU also serves the business needs of the community by providing research, consulting, continuing education and training programs.
In pursuit of its mission:
- Offers undergraduate programs that prepare students for careers in business and graduate programs that foster professional career advancement.
- Seeks to attract, develop and retain a high quality, diverse student body
- Seeks to attract, develop and retain highly qualified, diverse faculty
- Supports high-quality teaching, learning and research
- Promotes alumni and business involvement
- To introduce the students to some interesting and important microeconomic phenomena. In particular, the students will see that microeconomic theory can be useful both in explaining the actual behavior of economic agents and in guiding important policy decisions.
- To equip the students with the ability to analyze other microeconomic phenomena, using the techniques that prove to be fruitful in the study of problems encountered in this course.
- To familiarize the students with the art of model building. This is achieved by complementing the usual overview of the literature with in depth analysis of a few models, focusing on how models can be modified to provide insights into various aspects of an issue.
- Hotel-Tourism Management
- Business Administration